Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How To Survive As A Loner

Have you ever experienced texting everybody and asking them if they want to go out for a movie, but everyone's busy? Do you feel depressed and lonely when you have no one to go out with? If you answered yes to both questions, this guide's for you. Because you, my dear friend, you are a loner just like me. And today I am going to teach you How To Survive As A Loner.

As an introduction, I shall give you an impression about my lonely life. My social life is pretty much dead. No one texts me 95% of the time, and the other 5% of the time when someone does send me a text message, it's usually my mum asking if I want takeout for dinner. I'm not the kind of person who goes out with friends all the time. I go shopping alone, if I feel like watching a movie I'll just go alone. My Facebook notifications consists of NOT people sending me nice messages, but people sending me game reequests. Game requests !?! Can you believe that ? I don't even like games !! 

Yeah, I live a very interesting life for an 18 year old. However, even though I live a seemingly lonely and boring life, I'm totally fine with that. I'm well and surviving even though I am a teenager with a non-existent social life. Sounds pretty incredible eh? So in this post I am going to teach all my secrets, so that you can survive being a loner too.

SEE "LONER-ISM" IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT

Being a loner doesn't mean you're not cool or anything, if anyone thinks that way or talks about you in that way, I will personally punch them in the face. I will not even begin on how shallow it is to judge how interesting a person is, or how good a friend someone is, by their lack of a social life. If you are a loner, do not be ashamed of that fact, you should never ever be ashamed of who you are. And you have to trust that everything has a way of turning out for the better. I've found that being alone gave me more time and more space. You can use this time and space to focus on building yourself. By building I mean either empowering yourself physically or mentally.

If you don't have anyone else to place your attention on, why not place it on yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment