Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thoughts On The Season 4 Finale of Vampire Diaries

Some people feel that this is a horrible ending, but on the contrary, I feel that this is an awesome ending because it was so unexpected. Stefan being Silas' doppelganger ? I'm pretty sure no one saw that coming. I was shocked out of my mind, I was just sitting there gapping at the screen.
Matt and Rebekah, I'm glad Rebekah finally found a companion, maybe now she can finally experience love and the warmth she's always been wanting to feel. She's become a better person and it's all because of Matt. From the prom episode, I've sort of guessed they would be together, so this new relationship wasn't much of a surprise. Speaking of relationships, I didn't expect Elena to choose Damon, I knew she would choose Damon but i just didn't expect it to be so soon I though she would make her decision somewhere along season 5.  Bonnie being dead is really tragic seeing as she's the witch in the main plot, if the vampires ever need some magical mojo they'll probably have to get a new witch, or will Bonnie return through another mean ? Seeing as how the dead characters always return to the show one way or another, i.e. Lexi and Alaric.
The doppelgänger fight was extremely cool, it just shows how good an actress Nina Dobrev is, it's probably not easy battling yourself. I'm glad Elena won but I'm pretty sad about the fact that Katherine turned human because she's such a sassy vampire and and way more interesting than Elena. Jeremy's alive and I couldn't be happier because he's my favourite character, apart from Katherine, and cos he's such a total eye candy.
All in all, this was an unexpected but clever ending, and it's definitely left fans greatly anticipating when the show picks up again in Season 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment