Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vitae

It's been about 2 weeks since I did a proper update on my life, and surprise surprise, needless to say my life is still just as hectic as ever. And with the same old things filling up my days, exams and projects. But thankfully (or not), these are the last of exams and projects I will have to deal with this semester. In two weeks, I will be having my Biology and Thermodynamics finals and a really big and important presentation. So these few days, I've been and I will be preparing for these events.

Besides preparing for exams, in this week, I will also be going out with my friends. Which enables me to take a breather and de-stress and take my mind off studying for a bit. Thursday afternoon I will be meeting up with Crystal, Michelle and Yixuan, we're going out to dinner and I can't wait to catch up with them since it's been a really long time since we've had a proper meet up. Friday afternoon, I'm going shopping with Tatiana, Chinghui and the rest, we're also meeting with Fitriya, whom we haven't been with since she left the school. 

Besides going out with my friends, I've also taken to reading books as a way to relieve stress.
I'm currently reading the Warm Bodies novel. I watched the movie and it was amazing (and I now have a huge crush on Nicholas Hoult) so I decided to check out the novel since I've heard people say the novel's even better than the movie. I'm halfway through the book, it's as interesting as the movie but slightly more descriptive and has more insight into the development of R and Julie's relationship and the process of R's transformation back to a human (Oops ! Spoiler alert !). But I still love the movie version more, and it is entirely due to that fact that I'm a girl and Nicholas Hoult/R is a really hot zombie. 
Most people have the misconception that Warm Bodies is a love story/romantic movie like Twilight, but this is a comedy. So if you want a good laugh, but with a little dash of romance, Warm Bodies is the perfect movie for you.

As you can tell from my "About Me" section, I love watching Warehouse 13. Which explains my despair and sadness when the producers announced that it will end in 6 episodes. These last 6 episodes will air in 2014. It's such a long wait and I can't bring myself to say goodbye to the show, the wonderful cast and the fantastic plot that's gotten me so addicted to the show. But all good things must end, and I'll eventually come to terms with the end of Warehouse 13.
I guess in this situation, the show will not go on

Change of topic, I've decided to give myself a new nail colour. I currently have glittery princess pink nails  (Revlon's Dazzle) + hot pink on the accent nail (OPI's I've got the power) but I'm getting a little sick of pink and looking towards a fresh change in colour. I've fallen in love with pastels all over again, so I'll be switching to Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet which is a pretty mint green colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment